Puccini Special Edition
Until the beginning we know that the normal Puccini was no able to
drive difficult loads, due to the "single" power output devices
and the little toroidal 150VA transformer. But we wanted to have an "entry-level"
product, so we designed the amplifier with a special version in mind: the
The main differences are: the double of output devices (four darlington
on each channel), and two toroidal transformers, 150VA each one, in order
to have a complete separation between channels when there is a high current
There are some minor differences, in the diagram and in the aesthetic.
First of all, It's now time to download
the zipped poscript (57KB) file of the complete Puccini Special Edition.
(the PCB layout is not present here, being the same as the standard
The minor electric differences are:
The minor aesthetic differences are:
- some resistors changed from standard 1% to 0.1% type (in detail: R46,
R14, R15 in the line stage, R16, R49, R21 in the power stage; add 100 to
the suffix for the right channel)
- some capacitors changed from polyester to polypropylene type (in detail:
C3, C4, C5 in the phono stage, C29 in the power stage; add 100 to the suffix
for the right channel)
- the mains fuse changed to 2.5A-Timed (3.15A-T in latest version, because
in some 240v market it blows continuously)
interesting to compare the output power capability of the Puccini standard
vs Puccini Special Edition
There is a "brute force" increase of power (data are for
continue RMS signals, both channels driven) for low impedance loads (<4ohm).
Back to the home page
- the front panel changed from 5mm to 10mm thick
- the shaft of the volume pot and of the selector longer of about 5mm
- the loudspeakers binding post are double, for bi-wiring facilities